INFORMATIVA SULLA PRIVACY
This policy applies where KLT Filtration Ltd are processing, storing / archiving and protecting personal data of our website visitors and service users. It outlines out obligations and requirements.
Personal data we collect
We collect various personal data regarding you or your device. This includes the following:
- Data you provide to create an Account, specifically email address, first name and last name. If you sign up for Paid Services, we receive a portion of your payment data from our payment processor (such as the last four digits, the country of issuance and the expiration date of the payment card) and we ask you to select your jurisdiction.
- Your marketing preferences.
- The emails and other communications that you send us or otherwise contribute, such as customer support inquiries or posts to our customer message boards or forums. Please be aware that data on public parts of our sites is available to others.
- Data you share with us in connection with surveys, contests or promotions.
- Data from your use of the Services or Users’ sites. This includes: IP addresses, preferences, web pages you visited prior to coming to our or our Users’ sites, data about your browser, network or device (such as browser type and version, operating system, internet service provider, preference settings, unique device IDs and language and other regional settings), data about how you interact with the Services and our Users’ sites (such as timestamps, clicks, scrolling, browsing times, searches, transactions, referral pages, load times, and problems you may encounter, such as loading errors).
- Data we get from our partners to support our marketing initiatives, improve our Services and better monitor, manage and measure our ad campaigns, such as details about when our partner shows you one of our ads on or via its advertising platform.
- Other data you submit to us directly or through Third Party Services if you use a Third Party Service to create an account (based on your privacy settings with such Third Party Service).
How we collect personal information
We obtain personal data from various sources. We do this in three main ways:
- You provide some of it directly (such as by registering for an Account).
- We record some of it automatically when you use our Services or Users’ sites (including with technologies like cookies).
- We receive some of it from third parties (like when you register for an account using a Third Party Service or when you make payments to us using our payment processor).
We’ve described this in more detail below.
a. Personal data you provide
When you use our Services, we collect data from you in a number of ways. For instance, we ask you to provide your name and email address to register and manage your Account. We also maintain your marketing preferences and the emails and other communications that you send us or otherwise contribute, such as customer support inquiries or posts to our customer message boards or forums. You might also provide us with data in other ways, including by responding to surveys, submitting a form or participating in contests or similar promotions.
Sometimes we require you to provide us with data for contractual or legal reasons. For example, we may ask you to select your jurisdiction when you sign up for Paid Services to determine if, and how much, tax we need to collect from you. We’ll normally let you know when data is required, and the consequences of failing to provide it. If you do not provide personal data when requested, you may not be able to use our Services if that data is necessary to provide you with the service or if we are legally required to collect it.
b. Personal data obtained from your use of our Services
When you use our Services, we collect data about your activity on and interaction with the Services, such as your IP address(es), your device and browser type, the web page you visited before coming to our sites, what pages on our sites you visit and for how long and identifiers associated with your devices. If you’ve given us permission through your device settings, we may collect your location data in our mobile apps.
c. Personal data obtained from other sources
If you use a Third Party Service (such as Google) to register for an Account, the Third Party Service may provide us with your Third Party Service account data on your behalf, such as your name and email address (we don’t store passwords you use to access Third Party Services). Your privacy settings on the Third Party Service normally control what they share with us. Make sure you are comfortable with what they share by reviewing their privacy policies and, if necessary, modifying your privacy settings directly on the Third Party Service.
5. How we use your personal information
We use the personal data we obtain about you to:
- Provision of the Services. Create and manage your Account, provide and personalize our Services, process payments and respond to your inquiries.
- Communicating with you. Communicate with you, including by sending you emails about your transactions and Service-related announcements.
- Surveys and contests. Administer surveys, contests and other promotions.
- Promotion. Promote our Services and send you tailored marketing communications about products, services, offers, programs and promotions of KLT Filtration or its brands and our partners and measure the success of those campaigns. For example, we may send different marketing communications to you based on what we think may interest you based on other data we hold about you.
- Advertising. Analyze your interactions with our Services and third parties’ online services so we can tailor our advertising to what we think will interest you. For example, we may decide not to advertise our Services to you on a social media site if we think may interest you based on other data we hold about you.
- Customizing the Services. Provide you with customized services. For example, we use your location data to determine your language preferences or display accurate date and time information.
- Improving our Services. Analyze and learn about how the Services are accessed and used, evaluate and improve our Services (including by developing new products and services and managing our communications) and monitor and measure the effectiveness of our advertising. We usually do this based on anonymous or aggregated data which does not focus on you individually.
- Security. Ensure the security and integrity of our Services.
- Third party relationships. Manage our vendor and partner relationships.
- Enforcement. Enforce our Terms and Conditions and other legal terms and policies.
- Protection. Protect our and others’ interests, rights and property (e.g., to protect our Customers from abuse).
- Complying with law. Comply with applicable legal requirements, such as tax and other government regulations and industry standards, contracts and law enforcement requests.
We process your personal data for the above purposes when:
- Consent. You have consented to the use of your personal data in a particular way. When you consent, you can change your mind at any time.
- Performance of a contract. We need your personal data to provide you with services and products requested by you, or to respond to your inquiries. In other words, so we can perform our contract with you or take steps at your request before entering into one. For example, we need your email address so you can sign in to your KLT Filtration account.
- Legal obligation. We have a legal obligation to use your personal information, such as to comply with applicable tax and other government regulations or to comply with a court order or binding law enforcement request.
- Legitimate interests. We have a legitimate interest in using your personal information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in the following cases:
- To operate the KLT Filtration business and provide you with tailored advertising and communications to develop and promote our business.
- To analyze and improve the safety and security of our Services – we do this as it is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests in ensuring KLT Filtration is secure, such as by implementing and enhancing security measures and protections and protecting against fraud, spam and abuse.
- To provide and improve the products and services, – we do this as it is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests in providing innovative products and services to our customers.
- To share your personal data with other KLT Filtration group companies that help us provide and improve the products and services.
- To anonymize and subsequently use anonymized information.
- Protecting you and others. To protect your vital interests, or those of others.
- Others’ legitimate interests. Where necessary for the purposes of a third party’s legitimate interests, such as our partners who have a legitimate interest in delivering tailored advertising to you and monitoring and measuring its effectiveness. Or to a third party’s legitimate interest in having our sites function properly and securely by analyzing their usage so they can understand trends and improve our services.
6. How we share your personal information
We share personal data in the following ways:
- Affiliates. We share personal data with our affiliates when it is reasonably necessary or desirable, such as to help provide services to you or analyze and improve the services we or they provide.
- Business partners. We may share personal data with business partners. For example, we may share your personal data when our Services are integrated with their Third Party Services, but only when you have been informed or would otherwise expect such sharing.
- Service providers. We share personal data with our service providers that perform services on our behalf. For example, we may use third parties to help us provide customer support, manage our advertisements on other sites, send marketing and other communications on our behalf or assist with data storage.
- Process payments. We transmit your personal data via an encrypted connection to our payment processor.
- Following the law or protecting rights and interests. We disclose your personal data if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with the law, protect our or others’ rights, property or interests (such as enforcing our Terms and Conditions) or prevent fraud or abuse of KLT Filtration or our customers. In particular, we may disclose your personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, such as to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- Advertising. We share personal data with third parties so they and we can provide you with tailored advertising and measure and monitor its effectiveness.
- Business transfers. If we’re involved in a reorganization, merger, acquisition or sale of some or all of our assets, your personal data may be transferred as part of that deal.
7. Your rights and choices
Where applicable law requires (and subject to any relevant exceptions under law), you may have the right to access, update, change or delete personal information.
You can access, update, change or delete personal data either directly in your Account or by contacting us at “contact us” to request the required changes. You can exercise your other rights (including deleting your Account) by contacting us at the same email address.
You can also elect not to receive marketing communications by changing your preferences in your Account or by following the unsubscribe instruction in such communications.
Please note that, for technical reasons, there is likely to be a delay in deleting your personal Data from our systems when you ask us to delete it. We also will retain personal Data in order to comply with the law, protect our and others’ rights, resolve disputes or enforce our legal terms or policies, to the extent permitted under applicable law.
You may have the right to restrict or object to the processing of your personal data or to exercise a right to data portability under applicable law. You also may have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory authority, subject to applicable law. If you are subject to EU data protection laws, we suggest you lodge any such complaints with the Information Commissioners Office: https://ico.org.uk
Helpline 0303 123 1113.
Additionally, if we rely on consent for the processing of your personal information, you have the right to withdraw it at any time and free of charge. When you do so, this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent withdrawal.
8. How we protect your personal information
While no service is completely secure, we have a security team dedicated to keeping personal data safe. We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards that are intended to appropriately protect against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse and any other unlawful form of processing of, the personal data in our possession. We employ security measures such as using firewalls to protect against intruders, building redundancies throughout our network (so that if one server goes down, another can cover for it) and testing for and protecting against network vulnerabilities.
9. How we retain your personal information
The precise periods for which we keep your personal data vary depending on the nature of the data and why we need it. Factors we consider in determining these periods include the minimum required retention period prescribed by law or recommended as best practice, the period during which a claim can be made with respect to an agreement or other matter, whether the personal data has been aggregated and/or other relevant criteria. For example, the period we keep your email address is connected to how long your Account is active, while the period for which we keep a support message is based on how long has passed since the last submission in the thread.
Please note that in the course of providing the Services, we collect and maintain aggregated, anonymized or de-personalized data which we may retain indefinitely.
10. Data transfers
Personal data that you submit through the Services may be transferred to countries other than where you live, such as, for example, to our servers in the U.S. We also store personal data locally on the devices you use to access the Services.
Your personal data may be transferred to countries that do not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information.
We rely upon a number of means to transfer personal data which is subject to the European General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) in accordance with Chapter V of the GDPR. These include:
- Privacy Shield. We transfer, in accordance with Article 45 of the GDPR, personal data to companies that have certified their compliance with the EU-U.S. or Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks (each individually and jointly, the “Privacy Shield”), including KLT Filtration.
- Standard data protection clauses. We may, in accordance with Article 46 of the GDPR, transfer personal data to recipients that have entered into the European Commission approved contract for the transfer of personal data outside the European Economic Area.
- Other means. We may, in accordance with Articles 45 and 46 of the GDPR, transfer personal data to recipients that are in a country the European Commission or a European data protection supervisory authority has confirmed, by decision, offers an adequate level of data protection, pursuant to an approved certification mechanism or code of conduct, together with binding enforcement commitments from the recipient to apply the appropriate safeguards, including as regards data subjects’ rights, or to processors which have committed to comply with binding corporate rules.
You can find out more information about these transfer mechanisms here.
11. Privacy Shield
KLT Filtration Ltd has certified its compliance to the Privacy Shield.
KLT Filtration Ltd is committed to treating personal data received from the European Economic Area and Switzerland pursuant to the Privacy Shield Frameworks in accordance with the applicable Principles. You can find our certification here and you can learn more about the Frameworks and Principles by visiting https://www.privacyshield.gov/.
If you have a question or complaint you believe to be within the scope of our Privacy Shield certification, please contact us at “contact us” on our website, or using the contact details in the “How to contact us” section below. We’ll respond within 45 days.
For any complaints that we can’t resolve directly, JAMS is the independent organization responsible for reviewing and resolving complaints about our Privacy Shield compliance. You can contact JAMS free of charge at https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield. JAMS is an alternative dispute resolution provider based in the U.S.
If your concern still isn’t addressed by JAMS, you may be entitled to a binding arbitration under the Privacy Shield Principles. For purposes of enforcing compliance with the Privacy Shield, KLT Filtration Ltd. is subject to the investigatory and enforcement authority of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
13. How to contact us
KLT Filtration Ltd.
Attention: Legal – Privacy